Rheumatologist is a doctor specializing in the diagnostics and treatment of arthritis and rheumatic illnesses.
In order to get the maximum benefits from rheumatologist’s consultation, please prepare in advance. Write down all the most important facts on a sheet of paper:
- What are your current complaints?
- From what illnesses have you suffered in the past? Have you had any injuries?
- What illnesses have your family members (blood relatives) had?
- Please take with you the results and descriptions of all examinations that have been performed (blood tests, X-rays, computer tomography, ultrasound, magnetic resonance imaging, etc.).
- Make a list of all your current medications and their dosages (even if not related to the specific health issue).
- Write down questions you would like to ask to the doctor.
What would rheumatologist like to learn during the consultation:
- For how long do you have the specific complaints?
- Do movements reduce or increase pain, complaints?
- Which joints are painful?
- Does any of your blood relatives have arthritis?